Since the Phoenix Tournament was announced, hundreds of players have been registering so that they can secure a position in the list of 64 teams that will be selected. As you well know by now, it will be a 4 vs 4 competition that will take place on the map, Canals. Previously known as Amsterdam, Canals has a unique infrastructure that will force teams to play strategically. The concept of ”Spray n’ Pray” is out of the question. Be sure that the team that has a well devised plan will win, so don’t go into the Critical Ops Tournament unprepared. This article will point you towards the right path into combining strategy & skills under one roof.
- Before the match begins, the team captain must ensure that 2 players from the Counter-Terrorists will cover A Bomb Planting Area & the other 2 should cover B Bomb Planting Area.
- If the Terrorist Team is planning to plant the bomb on A, then they should head to the planting area as stealthy as possible because the Counter-Terrorist Team will watch whether you cross the bridge from their spawn area.
- The Counter-Terrorist Team has the advantage of defense, while the Terrorist Team is putting its team on the line when they are trying to invade a planting area. That’s why the Counter-Terrorists should protect key openings that can be exploited by their opponents.
- The Cafe will always be a mid-point where both sides will try to take advantage of. Both teams should always try to be in control of the Cafe before their opponents get inside.
- Counter-Terrorists protecting B Bomb Planting Area should be very careful from being back-stabbed from the middle bridge intersection which allows the Terrorists to jump them from the left opening.
- Terrorists have advantage in numbers. They can use their 4 players to invade an area that is protected by 2 Counter-Terrorists. The ideal strategy is to send one player to an area to distract while the other 3 can take over the planting area, plant, & defend.
- Each team should create nicknames for key areas in Canals so that you can direct your members to the correct areas during a match without any confusion.
- Voice chat is necessary in a competitive match because we can assure you that your opponents will participate in a voice call while playing against you. Canals is a complex map that needs players to be in harmony with each other, and that requires a voice call.
- Usually, Canals has more long-ranged battles than short-ranged battles. Therefore, make sure to have grenades to aid you in your offensive or defensive assault. Having a talented Sniper on your team would be an advantage.
- Remember that the map you will play on has a lot of openings that can be used to take down your enemies without being overpowered. Try and find these strategic spots and use them wisely.
One thought on “Canals Map – Ten Key Points To Consider”